TmsT's "Spy and Sentry" TmsT's "Spy and Sentry"

Absolute fuckin' bonkers this one. I've seen Spy & Pyro when it made it rounds back in the ol' 2010 when it came out and it's nice to see this yet again another 5 years later with even some nods and similar plot to the last one right as I come back onto the site.

Didn't think I'd still be seeing it in the wacky old cartoon slap stick style though with the cheesy sound effects and all, so there's that. Nonetheless, it was pretty amusing, sometimes gross, sometimes I am left beyond speechless. Separates itself from regular TF2 Youtube poop since you animated this yourself but the backgrounds should have been drawn as well instead of using static (also kudos on some of the 3D transitions on these) images of the maps.

TmsT responds:

I hate drawing backgrounds! But yeah it would be fun to do my own if there was time. :) Cheers!

P.O.V P.O.V

Hey, pretty cool stuff, nice to see work from a Singaporean animator on here! The chewing gum ban title on the newspaper gave it away; I admit the old town Singaporean architecture was initially lost on me. I once had a coin collection (with old Singaporean coins!!) too and I lost it while moving so I guess I could certainly reciprocate what I'm seeing.

I actually was a little lost at the beginning on what the object in question was until I heard the clinking sound of the coin over and over and over again and for some reason it clicked at the scene where the old dude scrapes the coin off his shoe, and for some reason throws his comb away (probably because he realizes he's balding and will soon no longer need it).

Animation and sound is all pretty good, just a *minor* thing I would suggest is to perhaps use sharper lines or use 480p if you have the space, the blurry feel of the video is a little off putting mixed together with your animation style. The whole thing has a very nostalgic feel to it, since the ambience and setting are all too familiar so A+ for that, especially for using it for your academic project which would certainly help yield attention, right context and all.

Alive (NATA Finals) Alive (NATA Finals)

I quite liked the way you tell a story with this animation. The idea of an average man having a casual conversation with Death himself is very amusing. Especially how he gets him to focus on other matters like his own life(death?). Just a little work on the emphasis of your voice acting though. The animation itself isn't bad at all, it's actually quite smooth considering a frame-by-frame.

Knowledge is power Knowledge is power

Really great job with the art and story telling. It's a really great way of showing how we should appreciate and utilize knowledge bestowed upon us. This animation is pretty much the best animation I've ever seen made to be a reading incentive.

I liked the theme of divine intervention to save a primitive civilization and how this species grows reliant on a higher power for progress. I'm sort of working on flash animation and literature as well in college and THIS would be a great combination of both of those things.

Impkid responds:

It's great to see that you recognize its educational potential, I aimed for that all along. Thank you very much for your comment!

Donut Quest Donut Quest

How you draw creativity for a piece of techno loop is beyond me, once again. You're always surprising me, Lobster man. I think it would have went really nicely if you did have lyrics to go along with the video. And to think that the story of the video only happens because someone wanted donuts?

I'm not sure if this was against what you needed to do, but I think a few sound effects for the animation wouldn't hurt and would help with some of the comedic content of the video.

Friendship Isn't Real Friendship Isn't Real

Love your style of animation, and sweet JESUS your voice. I don't think your animation style is a copy of any other animator's but simply unique to your own. I took a look at some of your older animations and I think you're building up nicely.

Also, congratulations on getting front page for 4 of your animations over 2 weeks. Which seems rather SUSPICIOUS.. :3

Fireflies Fireflies

I think that your song choice was perfect as you orchestrated this piece of art really well. Your art style looks really good, could use work on adding detail to background and some additional animation when the character stands still though.

Oh, and maybe the parts where you see the Earth spinning, you could work on the depth. When I watch that I feel as if the countries are the ones moving, not the Earth spinning. o_e

Avada Kedavra Avada Kedavra

A great twist!

A good switch of the lyrics from Hakuna Matata. I like how music was maintained throughout the entire video. Also, was the easter egg The Doctor among the pile of bodies? :p

CopsOnFireWithErections CopsOnFireWithErections

Wat.

Wow, I thought Pleasure Island was the weirdest thing Sexual Lobster could come up with but this tops it all. What were you and your friends smoking, omg. I'm just gonna go and give this 8/10 because the people who rated this 10 have a twisted sense of humor or just went "omg, so random XD XD 1010!"

PokeAwesome PokeAwesome

At least it wasn't an arrow.

Jk about that bit on top. This was a great video, as usual. Egoraptor's art style of drawing ridiculous faces and his voice always gets to me.